Hi, my name is Noriko Hidaka. I am a freelance illustrator based in Yokohama, Japan doing illustration work for books, picture books, and magazines. I make paper cuttings for various type of illustrations, and am also doing ink painting by using Japanese chopsticks.
I was born in Nara prefecture and raised in Yokohama city in Japan. I majored in history at university, and then studied fashion at Bunka Fashion College. My career started in fashion industry in Tokyo, and worked in an educational institution, and then became a freelance illustrator.
Besides working, I enjoy traveling overseas, reading books, dancing, playing marimba, dressmaking, embroidery, and wearing Kimono.
- Competition of book-cover illustrations (sponsored by Gallery House Maya) : the second prize.
- International Illustration Competition (sponsored by Japan Illustrator Association) : Honorable mention.
- "Mizue" Illustration prize (sponsored by BIJUTSU SHUPPAN-SHA): The third prize.
- International Illustration Competition (sponsored by Japan Illustrator Association) : Honorable mention (2nd time).
- "MANZANAR-NO-KAZE-NI-NOSETE (PAPER WISHES)" originally written by Lois Sepahban, I worked on cover and illustrations was selected as an assigned book for the 65th National Youth Book Report Contest.
- "BOKU-TO-ZOU-NO-MONOGATARI (Chained)" originally written by Lynne Kelly", I worked on cover and illustrations was selected as an assigned book for the Central Book Report Contest